Effective April 28, 2023
What does this Altruix Privacy Notice cover?
This Privacy Notice applies to information not covered by our Notice of Privacy Practices, which sets forth the use of patient information that is subject to HIPAA, also known as “Protected Health Information”. This Privacy Notice instead describes the policies and procedures of Altruix (“Altruix,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) on the collection, use, and disclosure of other personally identifiable information through: your use of our websites, altruix.com, (together, the “Sites”); the services, features, and content linking to this Privacy Notice; and other personal information that we otherwise collect from you as a customer or visitor (all of the foregoing, including the Sites, our “Services”). This Privacy Notice does not cover information collected from employees and contractors. We value and respect the privacy of our customers and Site visitors (“user,” “you,” or “your”). The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to provide you with information about our policies and procedures and to describe the choices you can make about our use of your information. When you use the Sites or otherwise engage with our Services, including without limitation, browsing the Sites, using any information, or submitting any content or Personal Information (as defined below) via our Services, you are consenting to the collection and use of your information as described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to be bound by this Privacy Notice or any subsequent modifications to it, you should not access or use our Services or disclose any personal information through our Services.
We may update this Privacy Notice at any time, by posting the amended version to the Sites. The effective date is provided at the end of this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice is binding on all those who access, visit, and/or use our Services, whether acting as an individual or on behalf of an entity. We suggest that you review this Privacy Notice carefully. If you are a patient, you can learn more about our privacy practices by reviewing our Notice of Privacy Practices.
What information do we collect?
This Privacy Notice covers the treatment of personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) gathered when you are using, accessing, or otherwise engaging with our Services. Personal Information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, can reasonably be associated with, or can reasonably be linked to a particular individual or household such as name, address, email address, phone number, IP address, etc. Personal Information as the term is used in this Privacy Notice does not, however, include personally identifiable information that is Protected Health Information under HIPAA.
We collect Personal Information from you both when you provide it voluntarily and also automatically when you use our Services. For example, we collect Personal Information that you provide when you visit our Services; participate in promotions; fill out a survey or questionnaire; sign up for a program or newsletter; contact us via phone, email, or other means; or otherwise interact with Altruix or our Services.
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information from you, depending on your interactions with our Services and the choices you make, as further described below:
- Identifiers: Your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, date of birth, location, unique personal identifier, and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Company Information: Professional or employment-related information including but not limited to your company and job title/position, for example, if you are a prescriber or work for a healthcare provider.
- Sensitive Personal Information: We generally do not collect sensitive Personal Information such as Social Security number, state identification card number, passport number, or financial account information. We may, however, on occasion, collect information, as needed, regarding racial or ethnic origin, health, or sexual orientation. Typically, this would be considered Protected Health Information if you are a patient.
- User Data: Any data entered voluntarily into a contact or other form on the Sites.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information:
- Browse history. Data about the web pages you visit.
- Search history. Data about the search terms you enter.
- Device, connectivity, and configuration data. Data about your device and nearby networks, including regional and language settings.
- Geolocation Data: Data about your device’s location, which is inferred from your IP address or maybe provided through an app.
- Protected Health Information. When you communicate with us regarding our services, we may obtain and access Protected Health Information (“PHI”), as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). We are required to comply with federal healthcare privacy and security rules, such as HIPAA and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (“HITECH”) Act, when receiving and processing your PHI. Our use and disclosure of PHI is governed by separate terms and conditions between Altruix and our customers. You can learn more about our PHI data practices and obligations under our Notice of Privacy Practices. PHI should only be submitted through our Services as permitted or required for use of our Services.
Generally, you control the amount and type of information you voluntarily provide to us when using our Services. You are not required to provide us with any Personal Information as a visitor to our Services except for any internet or other electronic network activity information, which is collected automatically upon your visit. You may need to provide us with certain Personal Information, including your name, email address, company name, and telephone number, to make a request for information or Services or otherwise communicate with us via our Services. Any information you provide may be combined with demographic and other information that is available in order to allow us to better communicate with you and enhance your experience. If we combine or associate information from other sources with Personal Information that we collect through our Services, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Computer information collected; tracking technologies
As noted above, we collect Personal Information automatically when you use the Sites. For example, we collect Personal Information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) when you: visit a Site; provide us information on a web form; otherwise correspond with us; or engage or connect with our Services.
Computer Information Collected. We, and our third-party partners, collect usage data over time and across different websites (“Usage Information”) via cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies as further described in the “Tracking Technologies” section below when you visit the Sites. Usage Information includes information about our visitors (including, for example, any customers and potential customers) and how they use the Sites, including browser type, the website visited before visiting the Site, time of day and IP address, mobile device advertising identifier, and similar device identifiers. We, and our third-party partners, may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including to improve the Sites or to offer you messages that we believe may be of interest to you.
We or our third-party partners may use invisible pixels or beacons on the Sites to count how many users access or use certain pages, features, or content. This information is collected and reported in the aggregate. We may use this information to improve our current Services offerings, develop new products or services, and target information to you that may be helpful and useful to you based upon your use of the Sites.
Information third parties provide about you
In addition, we also collect Personal Information about you from third parties in connection with our Services, including from the following sources:
- Service providers (including hosting providers);
- Data analytics service providers;
- Email, and other communications service providers;
- Customer service providers;
- Advertising providers; and
- Social media platforms.
For purposes of this Privacy Notice, information regarding your children that you (the parent) provide to Altruix is treated in the same manner as information collected about you.
How do we use and share Personal Information?
Your Personal Information is used by Altruix to enhance your relationship with us, respond to your requests, tailor offerings to you, communicate with you about products, services, special offerings and events or programs offered by us or our marketing partners that may be of interest to you. Altruix also may use this information to analyze and manage its businesses. Aggregate data (from which Personal Information has been removed and that does not allow an individual to be identified, contacted or located) is collected from online and offline facilities and may be used to enhance our ability to communicate with users and for internal analysis and management purposes.
We also process your information when we need to do so to fulfill a contractual obligation or where we or someone we work with needs to use your Personal Information for a reason related to their business.
Use of Personal Information
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To Provide Services. This may include use in order to provide you with services or products you have requested or purchased from us, to determine whether your insurance carrier covers our services, or fulfillment of an agreement with you. We also collect Protected Health Information as part of the provision of pharmacy services, which is covered by the Notice of Privacy Practices.
- To provide, maintain, operate, personalize and improve our Services. This may include use in order to provide you with location-based services, to monitor the usage of the Sites, to gather analysis and assess trends and interests, to customize the Sites to your preferences and location, to optimize the display of the Sites, to maintain and personalize your account with us, to monitor usage of our Services, and to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Sites when you choose to do so.
- To evaluate and improve the content of the Sites. For example, we gather analysis and assess trends and interests.
- To respond to your questions and requests.
- To provide customer support.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Sites when you choose to do so.
- To contact you. This may include providing you with educational information, industry updates, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
- To monitor the usage of our Services.
- To gather analysis and assess trends and interests.
- To work with our service providers who perform certain business functions or services on our behalf.
- To enforce our agreements, terms, conditions, and policies.
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
- To provide you with advertising content in which we think you will be interested. As part of this customization, we may observe your behaviors on the Sites or on other websites.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services and technology assets.
- To investigate complaints and potential violations of our policies.
Sharing of Personal Information
We share non-Personal Information with third parties at our discretion. We may provide Personal Information to third parties such as healthcare facilities and prescribers as well as social media and other platforms in return for monetary or other consideration. We do not use patient contact information for advertising purposes, however. In connection with our Services, we may share your Personal Information with certain third parties whom we engage to help us run our business and perform the Services, including under the following circumstances:
With our Service Providers
- Software and Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with service providers who help us to administer and provide our Services (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform for the Sites). In addition, we may share your Personal Information with software and service providers we use to manage and process your information (such as, but not limited to, providers of payment processing software).
- Product-related Service Providers. We may also share your Personal Information with product-related service providers who warehouse product, personalize product and perform order fulfillment services on behalf of Altruix.
- Marketing Service Providers. We may also utilize marketing service providers to communicate with you and/or advertising service providers that we use to assist with prospective marketing partners and advertisers and to provide personalized advertising on third-party websites.
- Web Analytics Providers. We may share your information with web analytics providers who provide services that monitor and analyze the use of our Sites (such as Google tag manager, LinkedIn insights tag, Hubspot tag, and Google analytics).
In Connection with Business Transfers
In the event that a part or all of Altruix (or the assets of Altruix) is subject to a merger or acquisition with/by another company, we may share information with the other company in connection with the transaction, and your Personal Information may be included among the transferred business assets. Such acquiring company’s right to use your Personal Information shall be limited to the terms of the Privacy Notice as it existed at the time that the Personal Information was collected unless additional notice is provided to you.
To Comply with Laws
Additionally, we may also disclose specific information with third parties where we reasonably believe it is necessary: (i) to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (ii) in connection with the Sites, our services or products; (iii) to investigate or prevent fraud or abusive or unlawful uses or activities, violations of the terms governing use of our Sites and services and/or law, rule, or regulation; and/or (iv) to protect the interests or safety of our visitors and guests, Altruix, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We may share Personal Information with the Internal Revenue Service and other taxing authorities.
How Personal Information is protected
The security of your data is important to us, and we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your data. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method for storing data, is 100% secure, however, and we cannot guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorized access to your data. Any transmission of your information is at your own risk. By using the Services, you acknowledge and accept these risks.
Your rights and choices regarding your information
By providing your telephone number and/or email address to us, or otherwise communicating with us, you may receive periodic mailings, telephone calls or e-mails from us and/or our affiliates with information on products or services, discounts, special promotions, upcoming events or other offers from us or our marketing partners, including automated marketing messages. You may opt out of receiving future communications from us at any time. For example, you may opt out of e-mail communications by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the e-mail received, and you may opt out of Altruix text communications by replying “STOP” if you receive Altruix text communications, or you may opt-out of either communication by contacting us as set forth under “How to Contact Us” below to unsubscribe from future emails. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed.
Even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we may still contact you for transactional purposes like confirming or following up on a service request. You may later opt back into getting market communications from us.
Cookies; how we respond to “Do Not Track” and Global Privacy Control signals
As noted above in “What information do we collect?” above, you can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser or device. If you choose to disable cookies, however, your experience with the Sites may be impaired and some features may not work as they were intended.
Additionally, Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked, and Global Privacy Control (“GPC”) is an add-on or browser preference that signals that you do not want Personal Information collected. We do not currently respond to such features or signals. Therefore, if you select or turn on such features in your web browser, we and our third-party providers may continue collecting information about you and your online activities as described in this Privacy Notice.
You can choose to limit the data that third-party services share with us using the options provided to you by the applicable third-party service. You can also disconnect your use of the Sites from the third-party service at any time using the options provided to you by the applicable third-party service. Please note, however, that if you disconnect from the third-party service, that will not delete the data we may have previously collected while you were connected.
Residents of certain countries and states within the United States may have certain rights with respect to Personal Information. Altruix does not have pharmacies in any of those locations and is not currently subject to those laws. We may, however, respond to certain privacy-related requests. If you would like to make such a request, you can contact us as set forth in the “How to contact us” section below.
Transfer of data; special notice to non-U.S. users
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. The Services (including the Sites) are intended only for residents of the United States. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Information, to the United States for processing.
We will take all step reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Sensitive Personal Information
Subject to the following paragraph, when you use, access, or otherwise interact with the Sites, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information as this term is defined under applicable data protection and privacy laws (for example, Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health (other than as a patient), biometrics or genetic characteristics (other than as a patient), criminal background, trade union membership, or precise geolocation) on or through the Sites or otherwise to us.
If you send or disclose any sensitive Personal Information to us, you consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice. If you do not consent to our processing and use of such sensitive Personal Information, you must not submit such content through the Services.
Altruix’s policy on children’s information
The Sites are not intended for use by, and do not knowingly solicit or collect, personally identifiable information online from minors (“Children” or “Child”) without prior verifiable parental consent. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18. If you do not meet this age requirement, please do not access or use the Sites. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us through one of the methods listed under “How to contact us” below. If we learn that a Child has submitted Personal Information online in contravention of these measures (i.e., without verification of parental consent), we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our servers.
For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), which applies to websites that direct their services to children under the age of 13, please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-coppa-frequently-asked-questions.
Our Services may contain links to other websites and access to content, products, and services of third parties, including our affiliates, strategic partners, and other entities with which our connection consists only of a hyperlink (together, “Linked Sites”). This Privacy Notice does not apply to the practices of third parties that we do not own or control including but not limited to the Linked Sites. You understand that these Linked Sites are not under our control and are not subject to our Privacy Notice, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any Personal Information through those Linked Sites. You should review the Privacy Notice of any site linked to or framed within a Linked Site prior to providing any information on or to that site. You agree and acknowledge that we will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, services, resources, or goods on or through any such Linked Site. You acknowledge that your use and access of these Linked Sites is solely at your own risk.
How to Contact Us
You can update your communication preferences and information by contacting us at the e-mail address or phone number below. Additionally, if you have questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Information or this Privacy Notice, please do not hesitate to contact us through any of the methods listed below.
Email: info at altruix dot com
601 Chinquapin Round Rd. Annapolis, MD 21401
Changes to this privacy notice
Altruix reserves the right to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we do, we will revise this Privacy Notice on the Sites. We will use, share, provide to third parties for commercial purposes, and disclose all information in accordance with the Privacy Notice in effect at the time the information was collected, unless we have obtained your consent for any material changes to such use, sharing, or disclosure as required by law. You should periodically check for notices and updates to our Privacy Notice and terms of service because your use of the Services after any such updates have been made constitutes your acceptance, whether or not you have reviewed the updates.
Last Update: 4/28/23